Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Life gets in the way AGAIN!

I can't believe its been a couple weeks since I've been here!  It's been so hectic and yet I feel as if I've been simply spinning my wheels -- running like hell and getting nowhere fast.  But Duncan keeps me sane and laughing so that's a good thing, right?!  Of course, this morning when I got up and found my drying rack flat out on the floor, I was NOT laughing!  And yesterday morning when I got up and found the kitchen garbage pail on the floor and garbage strewn about the floor, again, I was NOT laughing!  But then he comes tearing up to me and head butts for kisses and all is well with the world again.  Or he kisses my hand -- and then bites my arm! -- and he makes me laugh.  How can such a holy terror be so doggone loveable?!  Its got to be that sweet, innocent little face.  I look into those honey-colored eyes and know there's not a mean bone in his whole body -- spiteful, yes; mean, no! -- and I just melt.  Guess that's why even the most austere philosophers had wonderful things to say about cats! 

Well, hopefully this weekend I can get back here with stories of my little rascal and some new pictures but for now, it's time to get back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home