Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Music to my ears!

We have a new game in the morning!  We live on the second floor of a 2-family house and I had tried using treats to keep Duncan from bolting down the stairs to the front door when I leave for work so that I don’t have to go all the way downstairs, chase him all the way back up and then go all the way back down again with my bum knees and that worked for about 2 seconds!  He quickly realized that he can run downstairs and when he comes back the treats will still be there waiting for him.  So now just before I leave the house I drop an ice cube into his water bowl!  THAT works like a charm and he knows that if he runs downstairs, unlike the treats, the ice cube won't necessarily be there by the time he comes back!  So now I leave wishing my little furball a good day and reminding him how much Mommy loves him to the sounds of ice banging against the sides of his metal water bowl!  Amazing what odd sounds can come to be sweet music, isn’t it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home