Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Popsicles? Really?!

Ok, does anyone else have a cat that likes POPSICLES?!  I'm wondering if the reason popsicles come in pairs is because someone else way back when had a kitty who insisted on sharing just like Duncan.  I love them in the summer because they're so much more light and refreshing than ice cream and the sugar free popsicles taste much better than sugar free ice cream.  It seems Duncan feels the same way.  I wasn't surprised to learn he liked ice cream -- vanilla only!  -- but the popsicles threw me!  I truly did not expect to find him licking away at the other end of my favorite summer treat so now I've learned, when I want a popsicle, I get 2 out of the freezer -- one for me and the other in a bowl, but still on the stick or else he just plays with it -- for Duncan!  Its the only way I can have any peace!  Let me know what strange things your kitties like, ok?

1 Comments:

  • At May 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM , Blogger tigerpast said...

    Oh, yes. They like popsicles, pudding, and - as you noted - ice cream. Anything sweet and cold. I remember grossing Nana out by sharing my ice cream with Mom's Siamese cat Gennie.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home