Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Too cute for words!

By the time I got home last night, all I wanted to do was settle Duncan down with his dinner and collapse!  Of course, that wasn't what Duncan wanted!  So by the time he finished "helping" me lug all the groceries up the stairs and put them all away, it was all I could do to get his food dished, grab a diet Coke, a smoke and head for the couch and the remote.  First thing I noticed was that he'd hidden my lighter -- AGAIN!  That's the third lighter in as many days!  Nothing else was touched, everything was exactly as I'd left it except for the missing lighter.  So back to the kitchen for some matches (that was the last of my "spare" lighters -- the only 1 left was the 1 I keep in my purse!) and back to the couch.  Ahh, finally, I can sit!  Wait!  What the hell was THAT noise?!  Back to the kitchen.  Seems Duncan found the prescription I'd just picked up at the supermarket and decided it belonged on the floor.  Ok, put it away, back to the couch.  BAM!  Back to the kitchen where Duncan has pulled all the grocery bags out from the side of the fridge and strewn them all over the floor.  Pick up the bags and head back to the couch.  ZOOM!  Here comes Crazy Cat flying low into the living room, across my lap, onto his cat tree and into the window.  ZOOM!  There goes Crazy Cat across the coffeetable and out of the living room leaving a path of destruction in his wake!  Ok, so nothing was really destroyed, but everything was certainly in different places after his flight! 

Cheryl called later on and was treated to a constant stream of interruptions as Duncan continued to torment me throughout the evening!  Then, maybe an hour before bedtime, it happened!  Duncan decided to settle down and just be adorable!  He came flying in from wherever and shot into his crinkle sack and just posed for the camera!  How can anyone not love this guy?!  He's such a little clown and he knows just how far to push my patience before going into Cute Mode and winning me all over again!

And now for those pictures I promised!  Just wish I was better with the camera.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home