Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

CLUNK!

I've recently had a partial knee replacement and still need my cane to get around most of the time, especially since it seems to be monsoon season in NJ right now!  We've had so much rain and gloomy weather lately that when the sun does make a rare appearance, most of us run for shelter in mortal terror of that bright glowing orb in the sky! 

So, I'm notorious for dropping my cane -- everyone knows me as The Klutz with The Cane!  Anyway, Duncan and I were headed into the loo one day and he was dancing around my feet, all excited about getting to visit the sink so I leaned the cane on the outside of the door, reached for the doorknob and, you know how you see something coming but before you can react it's all over?  Well, I could see the cane starting to slide but before I could do anything, down it came and nailed Duncan square on the noggin!  He gave me such a look -- "What the hell did I do now?!" -- that I almost didn't make it to the potty!  But he has definitely learned a new respect for The Cane and now gives it a wide berth so it has now become a new tool in my Duncan Training Arsenal!  No need to use it -- not that I ever would! -- because he sees it and quickly moves out of its way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home