Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mommy's leg is NOT a scratching post!

One of the first things I learned about cats is that they need a place to scratch so when Duncan came along, he got a new scratching board, a new 3 level cat tree with a sisal scratching post and inherited the one room cat condo with attached scratching post (a piece of tree with bark included!) that was originally Gus' and I figured we were all good.  Right?  WRONG!  He does use the scratching board but I have yet to see him go near either of the scratching posts.  Instead, he comes over, flops down by my foot, wraps himself around my leg and goes wild, kicking and clawing, sometimes even biting away at my ankle!  I understand all about the attacking hands thing and if I were to rough-house with him, I'd expect to get bitten and scrached, but my poor leg is just sitting there not doing a thing while I crochet, watch tv, toss the mouse (Yes, Duncan retrieves like a real pro!  More on that later!), flash the laser light and basically revolve around the furry new center of my universe!  Hmm.  I wonder what Jackson Galaxy would have to say! 

1 Comments:

  • At May 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Blogger tigerpast said...

    I hear a faint "be bop" behind me as I cook, and next thing I know, Snuffy, the retarded Siamese, has reached up, stretched out, and hooked his hookies into the seat of my jeans. Which, unfortunately, lies directly over my ass. I'm sure they can hear me bellow all the way down the street. But does Snuffy uncouple? Noooo. I can walk all around the kitchen with a cat caboose unless I reach behind and unhook him. My butt looks like a pin cushion.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home