Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Duncan, Theresa and treats!

Theresa is my downstairs neighbor and she's THE BEST!  Of course, Duncan totally agrees -- he is totally in love with her!  Every time he hears the door open downstairs or one of the cars in the driveway start up, he's on high alert, either running to the door to see if she's coming up or hitting the window to see if she's leaving.  And Theresa's no better!  When she gets home before me, it seems she sits on the stairs and talks to Duncan through the door.  The other night I had to park farther down the street so when she came in she didn't realize I was home and stopped to talk to Duncan.  Well, when I heard her, naturally, I opened the door and he was down those stairs in a SHOT, yakking away, just thrilled to see his girlfriend!  Imagine his chagrin when Theresa and I started chatting and he found himself being ignored!  Next thing we knew, he was in Theresa's apartment and we could hear him yakking with her son!  Evidently, Duncan must always be the center of attention or he'll find a way to make it happen! 

Theresa also spoils Duncan with his favorite treats!  He LOVES Pounce (the tartar control kind) and Theresa never fails to bring a big bag with her when she comes up for a visit.  Well, now I'm going to the supermarket every few days just to keep some in the house!  LOL!  I've gotten into the bad habit of bringing the bag into the living room while I have my dinner so that I can have SOME semblance of peace while I try to eat -- not that I don't still have to share my dinner with him but he needs his treats, too!  He will gobble them up and then drive me nuts until I give him more which means he gets at least 3 rounds of treats just while I'm eating!  When I'm done, I immediately have to bring the bag back into the kitchen or he'll beg for them all night long!  You'd think I starve the poor cat but he still manages to put away half a can of cat food and a bowl of crunchies every day on top of all the treats!  Needless to say, he is no longer the lean/mean pooping machine that came home with me back in March, but he is still one of the busiest little boys I've ever known!  Oh and his poop no longer clears a room!  Evidently giving an adult cat kitten food is not a good idea and while I understand the shelters have limited resources, I was very happy to discover that once he got on the right food, his visits to the litter pan were no longer fetid stink bombs that brought tears to my eyes and sent me fleeing from the computer! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home