Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blah, blah, blah...

I've been fighting a nasty bout of asthmatic bronchitis for a week now so that is more a statement of mood than anything else!  I even forgot to celebrate my little boy's second birthday on June 4!  Fortunately for Duncan, his sweet Aunt Jo and Uncle Bob DIDN'T forget him!  And I will make it up to him as soon as I kick this damned bug and can get to Petco for some toys.

In the meantime, Duncan has been the best little boy.  He's been so patient with his cranky mama.  He sleeps beside me when I nap during the day and curls up with me at night.  He does come to make sure I'm still breathing sometimes during the night which involves climbing on top of me and poking me with his cold, wet nose -- usually either in the ear or the eyes!  -- and 10 1/2 lbs of cat climbing on me generally wakes me out of the deepest sleep!  But I know he's a good boy and just showing his concern so I can't be angry with him for that, now, can I?! 

I've been trying to spend some time playing with him during this week but its been difficult.  Between the asthma and the coughing fits, I don't have a lot of energy but, again, Duncan has proven to be the sweetest little boy.  He seems to understand that mama's not herself and doesn't push it when I tell him I can't play anymore.  Again, once I'm feeling better, this little guy will be getting lots of play time!  I'm definitely going to have to stock up on some new mice for him to catch and kill! 

So, belated happy birthday, little Duncan and mama will definitely reward your sweetness and patience -- hopefully very soon!  I love you, my little furry angel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home