Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Duncan makes a donation.

Went to the local animal shelter today to drop off some food that Duncan has decided is unworthy of him as well as some towels and dish cloths.  Of course, they had a whole bunch of kitties looking for forever homes there, too!  There was one fellow, a BIG boy named Butchy, who really caught my eye.  He's a tabby cat with a really sweet "purrsonality" -- a rather chatty fellow -- and HUGE!  Now mind you, Duncan is no slouch in the size department at 10 1/2 lbs and when he decides he wants something he is absolutely single-minded in his determination!  Of course, the fact that I'm basically a pushover when it comes to Duncan helps, too!  Perfect example:  the new cat tree so he can get on and off the wall unit more easily!  Never mind that I had to relocate most of the tchotchkes I kept up there so he could clamber about and flop wherever he wants -- it's become his favorite place to lounge in the evening and his go-to spot when he wants to show off for company so they can see just how "talented" he is!  That's just what good momcats do, tho, right?!  But I'm betting Butchy would have given Duncan a run for his kibble!  In the end, tho, I had to admit that Duncan seems pretty darned happy being the only king in his castle so, sadly for Butchy, I left empty-handed.  But it was nice to visit with him and the other kitties there.  So many pretty cats looking for homes.  Just wish I had a mansion so I could have taken all of them home with me.  Guess I'm going to have to start buying lottery tickets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home