Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!!

And a great big THANK YOU to Jackson Galaxy!  Momma went shopping today and came home with all kinds of goodies for Duncan!  I had to go to visit the parents and there's a fairly new Petco right on the way in Parsippany so I decided to give it a try.  Well, its WONDERFUL!  And the prices are much better than the prices at my local Petco!  So not only did Duncan get 2 cases of food, he got his favorite treats, a new cardboard scratching board that's so totally cool (and came with some righteous catnip!) AND one of those bird fliers that Jackson recommends for all his kitty clients.  Duncan's old cardboard scratching board was SO beat up it was mostly shredded cardboard so he was WAY overdue for a new one and he instantly jumped up on this one and claimed it as HIS!  And when I added the catnip, oh, it was pure kitty LOVE!  Then I whipped out the bird flier and set it spinning and I thought Duncan would explode he was so happy!  Jumping and leaping, running and swatting for all he was worth!  He is usually a very happy and active kitty but this afternoon he was almost out of his mind with joy!  And momma was thrilled that it all cost a little LESS than the usual 2 cases of food, a kitty tease and one package of treats that I pay at my local Petco!  All in all, a great day!  Even the visit went well!  Was it because I was so thrilled with all my purchases and couldn't wait to get home and play with Duncan?  That's anyone's guess but for what it's worth, I'll definitely be making regular trips back to that particular Petco, especially since the sales staff there were also a delightful group of young people.  They were so helpful and the young lady at the register and I got into such a great conversation about our furbabies!  Obviously, the fastest way to this mom-cat's heart is to ask about my little boy so that alone was well worth the trip!  And now that I sound like a commercial for Petco, I'm going to go download the picture of Duncan's new scratching board and a very contentedly worn out little kitty to add to this post!


Notice the crumbles from the old cardboard scratching board that still need to be vacuumed up!  But there was just too much excitement about the new board to be bothered with mundane things like vacuuming!


A very happy little boy and that makes momma a very happy mom-cat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home