Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

This crazy weather is killing me!

This winter has been nuts weather-wise.  One day its 26 degrees and 2 days later its 54!  We've gone from being bundled up like Nanook of the North to shorts and t-shirts and its making Duncan crazy!  That's the only explanation I can come up with for his midnight insanity!  The past couple days its been warm again and he's back to his 3:00 am Indy 500 runs thru the bedroom!  The way the furniture is set up, he can run from one end to the other without ever touching the floor.  Of course, the bed -- and my pillow! -- is in the middle of this track!  Last night was wicked with a wild thunderstorm and howling winds which kept waking me up but then the REAL craziness hit when Hurricane Duncan went on his bedroom rampage!  His usual running around is enough to wake the dead but last night he added a new dimension -- he was chirping and meowing every time he hit the top shelf of the hutch on one of the dressers and when he pounced on or dashed across my head!  I'd get up and tell him to knock it off and he'd quiet down -- till I went back to sleep.  Then he'd start all over again!  But now I have a new weapon!  This clown is fearless when it comes to heights but he has a complete meltdown when confronted with the inner cardboard tube of wrapping paper!  I would NEVER hit him with it but just seeing it is enough to strike fear in his heart and if I smack it against a dresser or bedpost it seems to be his worst nightmare come true!  So finally, around 4:30 when I was ready to cry from lack of sleep, I went and got the tube and just walked into the bedroom with it, leaned it against the dresser next to the bed and that was the end of the insanity!  God bless whoever invented those wonderful cardboard tubes!    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home