Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Visiting the vet

Just got home from dropping Duncan off at the vet's office.  Of course he hollered the whole way there -- thankfully we're only about 10 minutes from the vet! -- and while we were waiting for one of the techs to come get him.  I know he needs to go there but I always feel like a traitor when I take him, especially when I have to leave him for the day!  Poor little boy!  Its so quiet here without him.  4:00 can't come fast enough.  Glad I have things to do to keep me busy so the time will go quickly.  I know he'll be coming home but the house still feels so empty without him.  Its amazing how the little things become so big when he's not here.  When I was still working my neighbor would sometimes take him downstairs for a visit when I'd first come in and I loved having a few minutes to decompress from the day and the commute but since I retired I hate not having him here all the time -- even when I'm tripping over him!  Or when he comes flying in from the other room and leaps onto my lap as if to say "HERE I AM!"; when he climbs up on my knee and head butts for kisses so I'll give him some of my food; when he races around the house like his butt's on fire --  all the crazy little things he does that make me laugh.  

Ok.  Enough!  I'm sure this melancholy that seems to be taking over is mostly a lack of sleep -- I never sleep well when I have to be up early because I'm always afraid I'll oversleep -- but, again, 4:00 can't come fast enough!   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home