Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

AGAIN?!!!!!!

Well, it's very quiet here today.  At least NOW it is.  Earlier Duncan had a case of the crazies and now we're one more lamp short in the house.  The first lamp he broke wasn't really that big a deal because it was one of the few things I had left over from when I was married.  I had gotten rid of most of the things I had then but these lamps were pretty and I couldn't see any reason to toss a perfectly good pair of lamps.  But today's disaster was a different story.  This was one of a set I had gotten a few years ago and I absolute love them!  Pretty, girly boudoir lamps with glass shades and beaded tassles.  Oh well.  Lamps can be replaced.  Fortunately, he didn't hurt himself but he knows he's in big trouble so he's been staying out of my way.  I guess it's also fortunate for him that I had a hair appointment to get to and now I have my nail appointment and chiropractor appointment so I'll have plenty of time to cool off before I have to move the dresser the lamp USED to sit on and see what other damage has been done.  There's a glass frame behind the dresser now and I'm just not up to seeing if it's still in one piece yet.  All the other glass has been cleaned up so no worries about him getting hurt -- unless he gets a "flying lesson" when I move that dresser and find that frame shattered!  Crazy damn cat!  I wonder if he really understands how lucky he is that he's so adorable and that I love him more than that lamp!

2 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM , Blogger tigerpast said...

    The first question when we acquire anything, especially anything easily broken, is - where can we put it where the cats won't break it? As several of our Siamese have proven that there is virtually no place in the entire house that they can't reach, our options are rapidly shrinking. Recently Chris gave me a ceramic cat statue, perhaps 18 inches tall. He sits on the floor in front of the fireplace. They can knock him over, but it isn't far to fall, and he has carpet under him. So far he's fine. We just pick him up now and then and set him straight. All night long I listen to small objects from my dresser hitting the floor. It kind of discourages the use of fragrance candles, too.

     
  • At March 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Cookie's Corner said...

    LOL! Yup, I know exactly what you mean! The past year has been all about "redecorating" around here. Duncan wants things a certain way and when they don't please him, he "fixes" them. Little bugger! He did behave the night we had the blackout -- only lasted about an hour or so -- and I had to light some candles, tho. That was definitely a nice surprise! I expected a repeat of Sybil's "adventure" when she lit herself on fire! She never did THAT again, tho!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home