Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Friday, January 20, 2012

DAMN CAT!!

Now that I'm retired, I've been going through things and cleaning house.  So I've got a BIG bag of pjs and other clothes to go to the Good Will bin -- which, of course, I forgot to take with me today when I went to the supermarket!  Big head smack!  Also, it being winter, I have a snack tray set up between the book shelves and the wall unit for the space heater.  And, yes, these 2 things really are related!  LOL!  In Duncan's world, ALL things are related!

So.  The wall unit.  Duncan has rediscovered the wall unit.  He gets up on the snack tray where the space heater is -- he never does this when its on, though! -- and from there, onto the book shelves.  From the book shelves, he gazes longingly at the top of the wall unit.  Now, mind you, the wall unit is where I moved the glass case with the hat in it for safekeeping.  I also have a couple other glass cases there as well as pictures, palms from Church and other tchotchkes which is why I don't want him up there.  However, as Jackson Galaxy would say, Duncan is a tree dweller.  He LOVES being up as high as he can get and that wall unit is his current holy grail!  So now I need to get my little ladder out and start rearranging the top of my wall unit because he is determined to get up there!



And this is where the bag of clothes for Good Will comes in!  Duncan has a way of making his point loud and clear!  Obviously I'm taking WAY too long getting around to clearing off the wall unit for his taste so he has now decided that pulling all the clothes OUT of the bag is his way of dropping hints!  He's gone from emptying drawers to emptying that damned bag!  And, no, I'm not imagining this or attributing human qualities to a cat that are out of line!  He was out here perched on the bookshelves, gazing at the top of the wall unit and I chased him off so he went right into the bedroom and emptied the entire bag of clothing!  Little devil!  If he can't get his way, he makes damned sure I know he's pissed!  Only THIS time, I caught him in the act!  He was STUNNED when I came into the bedroom while he was in the middle of his retaliatory act and he just FROZE!  LOL!  I quite loudly explained to him that, if I wanted to pick up after someone else, I'd have gotten married again!  Well, since then, he's been sulking in the bedroom so I guess I should get busy on fixing the problem while he's being quiet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home