Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Another post?!

Well, I did promise myself that once I retired I'd keep up with this blog -- and Duncan just provides so many little stories!  Like last night.  Evidently he decides when it's time to go to bed now.  I love being able to stay up and watch Jay Leno now that I don't have to be up at 6:00 a.m. and was enjoying his monologue last night when all hell broke loose.  First, he pulled open the kitchen drawer and emptied all my kitchen towels and dish cloths again.  Then it was the bottom drawer of my lingerie chest -- all my slips were all over the floor this time!  Next my coin bank was on the floor.  Then the running through the house started with screeching stops to give me "the look" and then run into the bedroom!  Every time I got up to see what he was up to, I'd find him in the bedroom doorway hollering at me!  I finally gave up and went to bed only to find that he'd worked himself up into such a frenzy that NOW it was play time!  We started out playing with the blanket mice and then he was up in his window bed.  When I put my hand up to pet him, I got swatted!  So I pulled the blankets up over my head and WHAM!  He pounced on my head hard enough that I saw stars!  Crazy cat!  LOL!  Finally, after about half an hour of crazy time, we both settled down and conked out and when I woke up this morning he was all curled up on my arm, purring like the little angel he truly is.  How on earth did I ever manage without this little guy?!  He is absolutely the light of my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home