Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

PROGRESS!!!!!!

Things are starting to look up with Duncan!  When he first came home with me, he was a holy terror when it came time to clip his claws -- to the point where I'd have the vet do them since he was there just about every week anyway with his ear infection.  But his ears have cleared up and I just can't see spending the money to have the vet clip his claws.  Retirement does have its (VERY MINOR!) drawbacks and extra (as in unnecessary!) expenses are one of them!  So I set about getting him used to letting me clip them.  Well, today was the best yet!  He came and curled up on my lap for a little snooze and I grabbed the nail clippers and in a matter of seconds he was all done without a single struggle!  Such a good little boy! 

Now if I can only get him used to being brushed!  Somewhere along the line he must have developed a hatred for brushes but I'm hoping that, with time and patience, I can get him to enjoy the process.  He sheds like a crazy thing which baffles me since he's not a really long haired cat and I know he'd feel SO much better in the heat and humidity of a Jersey summer if he'd let me get rid of that extra fur!  In the meantime, I get in a brush here and there when I can and the rest of the time I'm the one getting used to walking around covered in cat fur!  Who knows -- maybe I'll start a new trend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home