Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Poor little Doodlebug!

I'm blaming the Weather Channel!  If they'd have gotten the forecast right, I would have known that I could have gone out earlier BEFORE the thunderstorms started!  But with only a 40% chance of rain predicted, I thought it would be best to stick to my usual Wednesday routine.

We have street cleaning today so that's when I do my grocery shopping but its gloomy and pouring buckets so there was no need to move the car but I had filled a prescription -- yup, I use my supermarket pharmacy, it saves me a trip and they're really wonderful! -- so I had to go anyway but really didn't want to bother so between not wanting to be there in the first place and then getting Dumb & Dumber at the checkout, I came home wet, tired and cranky.  Left half the stuff in the trunk of the car and only brought what had to go in the fridge/freezer in but, still, by the time I got everything put away, all I wanted to do was come in here, fall down on the couch and be left alone.  Well, Duncan had other plans!  After about the fifth time he jumped up on me, I yelled at him to get off and leave me alone!  Yeah, a real Greta Garbo!  So now he's parked on the top of the couch napping and I'm sitting here feeling guilty!  Damned Weather Channel!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home