Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

YUCK!

Poor little Duncan is all confused!  We've had a problem with ants invading his food area so he's had to eat on the counter, which isn't anything new, he usually jumps up and starts eating as I'm dishing his food out anyway!  But normally I move his dish to his spot and he just sort of looks at me like he can't understand why I'm not doing that!  Anyway, we've pretty much got the ants under control thanks to glass cleaner with ammonia -- man, does that stuff ever kill them instantly!  Better than Raid! -- and super maximum strength Raid bait traps but we'll see how it goes tonight when I put his food out.  I did learn that bay leaves DON'T work to keep ants away, tho!  The good news is that they pretty much stayed in his food area and never bothered to move to the cabinets or even the counters but I've got a bait trap there too just in case!  Always thankful for the little things, ya know!  Now if it'll just stop raining so much maybe we'll have seen that last of those ants!  Just can't stand bugs! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home