Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Who says cats aren't smart?!

I've gotten hooked on playing Words With Friends on Facebook.  My friend Linna and I are total Scrabble addicts and play several times a day -- usually 2 games at a time!  Well, what does this have to do with cats in general or Duncan in particular and whether they're smart or not, you ask?  Here's what!  While Linna and I are absorbed in playing, Duncan is being IGNORED and if you've ever had a cat, you KNOW that's the biggest no-no in a kitty's world!  Well, my little guy found a way to let me know just how displeased he was and, in the process, proved once and for all just how smart cats are!  We were deep into a game that lasted quite late last night when Duncan got bored and wanted me to play with him.  Unfortunately, I only have 2 hands and need both to play Words so I didn't have that extra hand to play with his kitty tease.  I tried to explained this to Duncan but he wasn't real happy about it so when Linna and I finally finished our game, he pulled one of his teases out as if he wanted to play.  So I picked it up and started batting it around for him to catch.  His response?  HE TOTALLY IGNORED ME!  He literally sat there and turned his back on my efforts to play with him!  No words were needed -- he made his point quite clearly and emphatically!  So now that I've been quite succinctly put in my place, its time to go back to playing with Duncan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home