Duncan's Blog

Duncan \d(u)-ncan, dun-can\ as a boy's name is pronounced DUN-kin. It is of Scottish and Gaelic origin, and the meaning of Duncan is "dark warrior; brown fighter". A royal name in early Scotland. Literary: in Shakespeare's "Macbeth", Duncan is king of Scotland.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The REAL joy of retirement

For some strange reason, I woke up really early this morning.  Well, ok, for me anything before 10:00 a.m. is early so a little before 8:00 a.m. is the butt crack of dawn in my new world!  Having to get up at 6:00/6:30 a.m. for years was just an obscenity! 

Anyway!  It was a nice morning -- watching tv, emailing with friends, chatting on Facebook and just being lazy and enjoying the dickens out of it.  I figured I'd wind up taking a nap at some point having gotten up so early but didn't think it would be so early or so enjoyable.  Duncan had been doing his usual thing, checking the world outside from his favorite window, begging for crunchies and just enjoying being a cat!  Then he curled up behind me on the top of the couch for a snooze.  Well, I leaned back to give him a kiss and he decided it was time to nap on top of mama so he climbed onto my chest, curled up and started purring to beat the band!  I'm telling you, when this cat purrs, his entire body vibrates all the way down to his back paws!  Needless to say, we both conked out!  And there's nothing in the world as wonderful as napping with a purring kitty curled up on top of you.  THIS really is the best part of being retired!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home